Residential Property Improvement Program (RPIP)
The City of Pensacola’s Residential Property Improvement Program (RPIP) was established to encourage reinvestment in Pensacola’s historic urban core neighborhoods, address deferred exterior maintenance and preserve affordability for residents within designated Community Redevelopment Areas. Eligible property owners within identified target areas may apply for consideration for the RPIP program.
Properties may be owner-occupied, rental, single-family, or multi-family dwellings. Property owners may receive up to $35,000 in construction rehabilitation assistance in the form of a deferred loan (no payment required) that will be forgiven in full at the expiration of the loan period.
- Structure Cleaning
- Exterior Painting or Re-siding
- Doors & Windows
- Exterior Lighting
- Porch repair/replacement
- Foundation Work
FundingProgram funds are limited and subject to prioritization of target areas. The maximum project cost for owner-occupied properties with household incomes of 120% or less of the area median income (AMI) is $35,000. Renter-occupied properties or households with household incomes greater than 120% of the AMI may receive a maximum of $17,500.
Form of Assistance
A zero-interest deferred loan will be secured by a lien agreement on the property. Liens are for a term of three (3) years for owner-occupied properties and five (5) years for rental properties and are forgiven over the course of the loan period. The loan is forgiven in full at the expiration of the lien period and no payment is required on the loan, with the following exceptions: any or all of the funded improvements are modified, altered, removed, or demolished, the property is sold, transferred, demolished or assigned, converted to 100% non-residential use, directly or indirectly encumbered, pledged, or conveyed, the owner fails to maintain the property, unresolved code violations occur, or rents are increased by more than 5%per year during the lien period. In the event of the death of the original grantee or sale of the property prior to the expiration of the date determined in the lien agreement, the amount of the loan or any remaining prorated balance shall be repaid.
Applicants must complete the Residential Property Improvement Program (RPIP) pre-eligibility application.
- Provide proof of ownership by official documentation
- For owner-occupied property, the applicant must provide proof of homestead exemption or application for homestead exemption
- For rental properties, a certified copy of an existing lease agreement must be provided and must be certified to the program annually during the term of the loan. Should the property owner increase rent(s) by more than five percent (5%) in a given year, the remaining balance of the loan will become immediately due and payable. Owners of rental properties must execute an assignment of leases, rents and profits agreement with the CRA for the duration of the lien agreement
- Applicants must be current on any existing mortgage on the property
- All property tax assessments, levies, license fees, permit fees and other charges levied must be paid completely and up to date at the time of application
This program is administered by:
Emerald Coast Regional Council
4081 E. Olive Road Suite A, Pensacola, FL 32514