Long Range Transportation Plan
The Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) is a blueprint for maintaining and enhancing the regional transportation system. The LRTP identifies roadway, transit, bicycle and pedestrian, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), and other improvements needed over the next 25 years. Developing the LRTP is a collaborative effort between the public, local governments, and state and federal partners. Over the course of the study, the TPO will examine future transportation needs of the region and determine how to best address those needs. The LRTP includes a Needs Plan and a Cost Feasible Plan. The Needs Plan, as its name implies, is a plan that identifies all of the transportation projects necessary to meet future demands. The Needs Plan is reviewed and prioritized. The prioritized projects are included in the Cost Feasible Plan based on anticipated funding. Currently, forecasted revenues will not fund all identified projects.
The Bay County TPO adopted its 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan on June 22, 2016.
The Bay County TPO needs to adopt the 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan by June 2021. The TPO is seeking opportunities to present to groups and organizations. If you are a member of a homeowner’s association, civic group, or other social or community organization interested in a presentation on the LRTP, please contact Brittany Ellers, 800-226-8914. Visit the 2045 Plan webpage to view documents.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category
Long Range Transportation Plan11 documents
- Bay County TPO Congestion Management Process Plan Major Update Adopted February 24, 2016
- Cost Feasible Technical Report Adopted June 22, 2016
- Evaluation Criteria Report Adopted June 24, 2015
- Final Report
- Financial Resources Technical Report Adopted April 22, 2015
- Goals and Objectives Technical Report Adopted December 3, 2014
- Needs Plan Technical Report Adopted December 2, 2015
- Northwest Florida Regional Planning Model 2010 and 2040 Socio-Economic Data Development March 2015
- Northwest Florida Regional Planning Model 2010 Model Validation Report March 2015
- Public Involvement Plan
- Scope of Services